Sunday 4 November 2012

Fabric Manipulation

So after the last post having been kept in my drafts for almost two months I'm making sure that this post gets put out to the world today... I hope!

So recently I've done A LOT of fabric manipulation research for college and wanted to share a bit of it to the general public as I've come across some truly interesting pieces of clothing that I would've otherwise never found.


Boning of Fabric
Boning consists of rigid/ semi-rigid strips that provide structure and support to garments worn close to the body. Boning prevents the garment from sagging down and instead creates form and shape.

Mary Katrantzou






 Valentino


Alexander Mcqueen

Pleating is a type of fold formed by doubling fabric back upon itself and securing it in place. Pleating is commonly used in garments.

Marios Schwab

 Viktor & Rolf








 Folding/Origami
Origami is the art of paper folding. But it's amazing to see how many designers use this as inspiration to their own collections.




Alexandra Verschueren




  Mauricio Velasquez Posada
                                                               Amilo Hrustic

 Gareth Pugh

And- for the more feminine take
 White Cashmere Collection



There are obviously far more methods of fabric manipulation and FAR MORE designers out there incorporating them but there's a few to get you started :)

Now for my 3rd blog entry of the day that is coming up after this one I'll be showcasing a few designers in particular that go to NEW LENGTHS when it comes to fabric manipulation and I think you'll REALLY enjoy them ^_^

Love Always,
Luciie Panda
xXx



No comments:

Post a Comment