Tuesday 18 March 2014

Goodbye Flabby Thighs and Hellooo Healthy Heart!

 Here's the beginning to my weight loss journey and lifestyle change and my calorie controlled 1 month diet kick-starter plan easy for any-one to follow!

fruit and vegetables

Underneath quite a few layers of 'flubb & chubb' is a health freak waiting to come out! Yes it might be hard to see it if you've seen my expanding bottom recently or noticed ( as I heartbreakingly have) that I may just be starting to grow an extra chin. But, alas, It's not who I am inside. I want to drag my partner to salsa lessons, I want to climb mountains and go trekking in forests and do charity walks. I am practically T-total, drinking a few glasses of alcohol a year, I don't smoke or take any kind of drugs (unless they are prescription) and I know ALOT about diet and health and superfoods and I actually LOVE fruits and veggies and even more so than that, I love cooking with them!  

But emotional times, boredom, a boyfriend who can eat as much as he wants while never gaining weight and a lack of will power and money have led me to the state I am in now and, at this weight, The thin healthy person inside is being overtaken by the slob of my outer fat person.

Today begins my official losing weight, getting healthy transformation story though. I have the food, I have the plan. The only one that can muck this up is me and... well that's not the right attitude!


Below are the images of most of the items I have towards the next few weeks of my diet plan 
 you may have noticed is that the sell-by-dates on the products in the photographs are from february. Don't worry I don't still have any of that in my fridge/freezer rotting away.  This is just a very similar shop to the one that arrived yesterday evening so I thought i'd re-use the pictures :)
fruit and vegetables
My entire fruit and veggie haul laid out across my tiny kitchen counter!
Vegan healthy diet food
The most organised my cupboard has looked in months!

healthy vegan and vegetarian diet
I have even more legumes and grains this shop!
fruit and vegetables
I do love me some fruit!
fruit and vegetables
In answer to the question some of you may be thinking, Yes i think I may have just emptied a small shops worth of fruit and veg from my local Tesco!

It's taken me years to finally admit to myself that I really, truly have no willpower or self control. Of course there were some clues along the way ; Hunting for hours for the keys to the pantry to sneak in and stuff my face when I was 9 or even sneakily eating hidden bought food and stuffing the wrappers under sofa cushions or between the mattress and the bed during my entire childhood. But, it's only now I've realised that, even as an adult, I have the willpower of a 5 year old in a candy shop. If I am on a diet and I know there is some sort of snack in the house I WILL find it and I WILL eat it and i probably WILL dispose of all evidence in an entirely sneaky way.

BUT... just because that's the case doesn't mean I'm going to give up trying and resign myself to being unhappy, unhealthy and overweight because pu another stone on me and I'd refuse to leave the house to hide from the public and no-one REALLY aims to become a house-bound hermit.

So here is how i'm tackling it:

The first month of this transformation is all about kick-starting myself into action. It will be a strict, calorie controlled, meal planned, exercise regime type of scenario. I will become one of those people that refuses to let anything pass their lips unless they know the calorie and fat content and, well, i'm actually okay with that.

the first two weeks is really all about shocking your body into weight loss. It's really a 'lose a stone in a month' type of plan but after that month you regulate your calories and continue to lose weight as a steady, healthy pace. By NO MEANS should you continue with the original number of calories unless you are at the weight range to only need that amount of calories for your body to function correctly. Otherwise you can do lots of damage to your body and heart when the goal is to get fit and healthy NOT thin and poorly.

Here is my plan written out in simple terms for you:

Week 1 and 2:

Breakfast:  300 calories
Snack:       100 calories and below 5% of your daily fat.
Lunch:        300 calories 
Snack:       100 calories and below 5% of your daily fat
Dinner:       400 calories
Before Bed: this isn't exactly calorie controlled but having something small before bed can boost your metabolism just to keep going during the night. This is also the time where I take my daily vitamins as this is the best time for absorption.

You will of course be adding extra calories onto that with drink but as I drink mostly water or very low calorie flavoured waters this isn't something I feel the need to have to write down within my plan.

By eating the 5 meals it means your metabolism is constantly getting a boost. It is good to space the meals out every 2-3 hours and that way your metabolism is kept going throughout the day.

Week 3 and 4:

Nows the time to add a few extra calories. My personal preference is 200 calories added daily  The way I will be doing this is adding an extra 100 calories either onto my lunch or dinner and then giving myself 100 calories for a 'treat' per day. This could be anything from low-fat fruit and yogurt to a high-fat dessert or some chocolate etc. The way to stick to a lifestyle change is not to completely eradicate all your guilty pleasures from your life but just to moderate them. 

After Initial month:

this part I'll come back to and do an entire separate post on towards the end of the month. This is where you need to find out how many calories for your age and weight you should be eating and then mixing your new healthy eating with exercise to lose weight as a steady, healthy pace between 1- 2 pounds per week.

I will, of course, be posting meal plans, diet tips and recipes on my blog during this whole process but it's worth noting that I am a vegetarian so, whilst i eat a very limited amount of fish ( smoked salmon, prawns and scampi..) I don't eat any meat and my own personal meal plans will be vegan or vegetarian dishes with the option to swap vegetarian items for meat or fish etc.

For now though I think I've written enough so
Love Always,
Luciie B
xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment