Monday 27 August 2012

Absolutely Abersoch, working with lazy bones

        I feel like I should continue to write a few blog entries whilst re-vamping and re-decorating ( etc etc etc) my site just to keep you updated and not completely fall out of the loop so this was just a little 'mid-post' before September.

       Last-night I did my first shift of PROPER actual work officially old enough to have to sign forms and all sorts and be put through 'the books' so to speak :P - A seven hour shift in my mothers Italian restaurant Angelina's down in the seaside town of Abersoch ( Photo's to come soon ) . I think it was a complete shock to my lazy bones though.
After the seven hours were over, my heels burned; the effect of bad circulation, and strangely, the backs of my knees ached from twisting and turning and swooping and diving to navigate around the restaurant floor with tray in hand trying desperately not to drop anything or bash into anyone. And, luckily for me I succeeded :)
      I can kind-of understand why my mother loves it so much though , the hustle and bustle of a busy restaurant kitchen reminds me a bit of London or some other busy city and I love the energy of it all, the urgency of it. Even at 12:30 on a Sunday ( I suppose, technically, Monday morning) Abersoch was thriving much more so then where I live, drunken teens and twenty-oughts walking/ stumbling past the restaurant almost every couple minutes, giggling and singing and skipping and falling between pubs and price lists before, I assume making their ways home to wake up in hang-over agony only a few hours later.
Funnily enough it was actually my first time SEEING the restaurant since my mother bought it with her partner those few months ago. All this time I've been worried about the investment; We have no money and putting money half-half into our house with her ex partner has led to a lot of court cases and solicitors and after two years is STILL not dealt with and we have neither the money or the will to go through that again if the restaurant goes under or their relationship does ( I'm not a natural cynic yet I'm wary of any new man in my mothers life after the nightmare that the last one turned out to be).
    When I got home at 1am my joints had truly given up. I hobbled through my kitchen to scarf down some melon and a mini tortilla pizza ( Much healthier version to a pizza, recipe coming soon on my lifestyle blog :) ) then set myself on passing out on my bed. Unfortunately for me a couple of spiders had other ideas and, to cut a long story short, I ended up sleeping in the livingroom. To that end, I'm so very weary today, yawning almost once-a-minute too tired to hold up my head with the sky in shades of grey outside, wind threatening to blow down the most fragile of trees around my house and rain coming down in pockets of 'pouring' to 'lighter shower' to 'pouring' again rising the river levels to "Oh my Gosh!" status and doing little to help me feel anything but lethargic, BUT... I'm struggling to go on like the trooper I am :P


Love Always,
Luciie Panda
xXx

1 comment:

  1. You should try being a kp !!!!!:P Its awful x

    ReplyDelete