Monday 20 August 2012

Once again I fail my blog... But not for much longer

Firstly, A re-edited picture so that this isn't all writing :P More to come soon :)

So, I realised that even after my last blog I still waited for ages and a half to write another blog entry simply because I'm still struggling as to what to actually do with my blog now. I've seen how blogging can be made so amazing and how it could really be used to my advantage yet at the same time, with no-one actually following my work right now no-one is coming to look here anyway so I've decided to really have a think about what to do with my blog.. in fact I wrote a blog entry on my Deviantart a few days ago and rather then summing it up here i'll just post it here :P -->

Only a couple weeks till it's back to the normal way of things, college or school if that's where you're at or work if you managed to snag the summer off :P
After starting my blog in May this year I used it for all of about 1 months or perhaps even less before deciding I didn't want to continue with my 365 day project and thus my blog kind of fell into..well, nothing :/
I've always loved to put pen to paper ( or fingers to keyboard in this case) but for the past couple years I never feel like I really have anything interesting enough to say.
I'd LOVE to restart my blog up as a whole new blog and try and aim to write and entry almost every day. 
I'm not fashion savvy or obsessed with designers etc but I have my own style and my own life and I suppose it'd be more like a diary/ photo blog/ fashion blog in my own quirky way. And hopefully people will like it even though it's not particularly 'fashion' or 'photography' or anything as such in particular. I can certainly promise that It wont be like most popular fashion blogs out there and if you looked inside my wardrobe you'd certainly soon see why. 
(On one hand I think I am starting to obtain a shoe fetish... One thing I never thought I'd ever say. And whilst I'm still SUPER picky with shoes and almost 97% of my heels/wedges are black. That doesn't change the fact that my 'shoes!' watch list on eBay has more then 100 items...But with no money it'll be a bit tricky to even put a dent in that list any time soon. What's funnier still, is that I'm not even an extremely 'girly' girl so wanting hundreds of pairs of shoes has completely taken me by surprise. 
Basically, I'm not sure if that'll be my plan yet for the blog as i've no idea at the moment. All I know is that I plan to start it up again in September and hopefully by then I'll have a plan as to what to do with it.




Recently I've had a lot of time to think about 'what I'm worth'. I even read a fascinating few forums on DA about copyrights and what photographs are worth and it's put me into a complete tumble. I have no idea how I'd even begin to price my work. AND, on top of that I have no idea how to wrap my head around actually asking people for money as most of the people wanting me to do 'shoots with them are close friends :/ 
I've gone online and started writing down plans and etc but that doesn't mean it'll be any easier to actually ask people for money when it comes to it. I'd love to come up with a few different 'packages' and things but .. well read on and you'll know why the 'but' exists...

I've also started panicking a lot about equipment, or in my case lack-there-of. My entire photography equipment pretty much contains my camera with kit lens ( that I recently had to replace as the other one had broken), reflector, tripod, a few macro filters, ND filters, Polariser filter and a few other bits n' bobs. No different lenses, No studio set up or lighting. And whilst I'd LOVE to be able to change this I really can't afford to. But I how can I make money to pay for these things without HAVING these things.
For instance, I'm soon doing photo-shoots with a friend so he can put together a modelling portfolio but I'd really like to do some 'studio' shots too which I can't. 

Does anyone know someone who's willing to give me large sums of cash :P or just hand me a studio ? :P
No no no, I know it doesn't work that way :P

for now though, I really need to be going so
Love, always
Luciie Panda

Since then I've thought a bit more and thought that, since I don't want my blog to be entirely photography based, It might be cool to input some beauty/fashion reviews and product recommendations etc. Being a teenage girl I'm forever trying to find the perfect face cream/wash/lotion/serum etc etc etc to deal with my skin that always seems to be a nightmare. as well as that I'm just coming into a time of my life where I really want to feel fit and shape up and with my hoarding side now open to new waters I just know I'm going to spend far too much money or fitness dvd's, equipment etc etc etc and once again being that I'm just an every day girl with no biased opinions towards any products hopefully some people can find this helpful. Especially since I am by NO MEANS in good shape right now so I'll be as honest as possible in my accounts of things.

Also, being with my quirky style maybe I can help people find some amazing bargains on clothes, jewellery etc that I've come across.

Once again though, I don't know for sure if this is the direction I'll go with this blog but I'm having ideas and as stated in my deviant art blog post posted above, I will be trying to get this up and running again by September and hopefully then I can really work on getting some readers too :P

I feel a bit silly letting all this out to the world with no-one reading.
Oh well, One day :P

I've almost finished editing my photographs taken from the London college of fashion 16-18yrs short Fashion Photography course now too so they will be coming up in separate blog posts per shoot/model depending on what I feel like at the time of posting :)

I have to say, for someone who really has no confidence what-so-ever I'm actually proud of myself for going on the course. Especially after the first day where I had to be IN FRONT of the camera to complete strangers. But I'm glad for the experience and it gave me some more photographs so I couldn't complain even if I'd hated it :P
I'm really hoping that along with getting fit I get some well needed confidence :P
That is Yet to be seen for now though. Day 7 of my lifestyle change so a long way to go yet :(

For now
Love Always,
Luciie Panda
xXx


No comments:

Post a Comment