Saturday 26 May 2012

Harajuku-ers, Happiness and Heat exhaustion

            I cannot believe how hot it's gotten in lil' old North Wales the past few days. I've had doors and windows open all day and still haven't felt the urge to grab a cardigan once. I did, on the other hand, go outside for a lovely stroll with my camera. I think this year has really opened my mind to photographic possibilities. I've experimented with macro photography and still life and slowly built up confidence with my Fashion. This year is my year to really get to grips with my camera and so, I may not be doing fashion shoots every single week but I'm okay with that right now. I've got a long way to go to get to where I want and I know there's so much still for me to learn and play with and every single photo I take is helping me get to grips with this magical world of photography.
p.s. Yes that does mean my daily photo for yesterday and today are, once again, non fashion related.

Before getting to anything mentioned above though I've got a feature for you darlings. I went through - Wait scratch that - am STILL going through a love for Harajuku style and this year I WILL be creating my own Harajuku inspired shoot :) What is Harajuku fashion you ask? - WELLLL my lovelies;
You can, of course, find out the basics via Wikipedia but here :-

One of my favourite things about this style is LAYERS. This style is crazy- wild and gorgeous. I don't think there is any other style out there that I genuinely describe as 'happy' - Not including the gothic variates of the style of course.

Firstly some photographs taken in Harajuku and london ( I think you can guess which is which) Including images from the promo photo-shoot for the 6%dokidoki shop :)
I absolutely ADORE this!! - In the words of Coco Chanel: “before leaving the house, a lady should stop, look in the mirror, and remove one piece of jewelry.” - I'm sorry Coco but in Harajuku's case I have to disagree. The complete chaos is what makes it so brilliant!
The colour scheme of many harajuku outfits is extremely full of girly charm with pastels and neons. ALOT of confidence must be needed to pull of harajuku out in London in my opinion
I LOVE this - the shape of the dress is elegant whilst the print and colours combine so excellently with the plain white corset.
I guiltily admit that I REALLY want that black and pink top - with some minor tweakings done to it :)
Moving on to the high fashion Harajuku inspired shoot taken by Nicoline Patricia - the same photographer that shot the Tibetan shoot for Harpers Bazaar:-





















DAY 7
This may not be the most exiting of photographs - I was looking for areas in the woods for future photoshoots - I love how the shadows and sunlight look in this composition :)

DAY 8
macro photography
The first EVER time I've managed to capture a fly and am strangely proud about this. It's a shame there's noise due to the lighting situation and need for a high ISO speed.

On the theme of other cultures in  fashion today - here are some photographs I've taken earlier this year that are culture themed ^-^

Add caption

pink and gold indian fashion









For some reason my final versions of the lowest 3 photographs are completely missing so I've had to put up these so please forgive the flaky white face paint and light eyebrows :(

Love, Always
Luciie Panda

No comments:

Post a Comment