Thursday 24 May 2012

Procrastination, Ann He and the summer light

The theme of  yesterday and today is procrastination, at least for me any way. I've got a pile of washing up in the kitchen , a floor barely visible in my bedroom and a few bags in the living room stranded across the floor waiting for space in my bedroom to call home. I also didn't get my blog post finished yesterday so am doing both days in one.

Todays' feature is actually going to be on Ann He. I hadn't mentioned this before but this girl is actually one of the main reasons I really pushed myself into action with my blog and even created a Model mayhem after reading about how she managed to get a lot of her models when starting up, from there.
Ann He is actually the photographer of the Hello Kitty couture dress shoot that I featured yesterday. The spectacular thing is that at the time of the photoshoot Ann was SIXTEEN! How ashamed I felt watching this amazing girl with these amazing opportunities and I just felt like I really need to start getting into gear over this next year. I have to admit I've never been good with giving direction. I think it's one of my biggest faults, wanting to be a photographer. I'm a shy person in general and I care about everyone else around me more so then myself to the point where I'm afraid that they'll think my concepts are silly and direction ridiculous. BUT, i'm coming to a point in my life where I'm realising that it isn't about them. This is for me. These are my ideas, my concepts that I want to come to life and I just have to go for it! It'll be hard to get over my shyness and insecurities but I know I can do it. I think Deviantart has really helped me too. I admit I don't have a big following on the site but when I DO get a favourite or a comment it makes me smile and realise how lucky I am to have even found photography and I'm forever learning. But even that ONE comment makes my day. It's more then just a nice message to me. This is my life. This is what I want to be doing and when someone takes their time to tell me that they like what I'm doing it lifts my confidence and makes me really want to go for every opportunity possible.

Okay, enough of that and on to Ann He:
When Asked by Alexandra Plesner Here 'What does photography mean to you?' this was her response:-
The ability to recreate dreams, escape from reality, to remember things, a vessel to realise what has never been seen before, like some candy castles…








Moving on to my 365 day project:-

DAY 5
So yesterday I got home and noticed these in the field by my house. Five minutes later and I was lying on the floor of the field, sheep all around, with insects crawling through my hair. Not the most glamorous of moments. I found myself  singing as I shot my photo's ' when we walked in fields of gold'. It's magical how the fields all around come to life at summer time and I can't wait to shoot the folksy music promotion shoot in a barley or flower field.

DAY 6
So these last few days I can't get enough of summer photo's and when I was in my front garden today I was entranced by all the wildlife and, even though my macro filters are nowhere to be seen at this particular time, I managed to capture this little guy. Butterflies have a beauty and grace that just can't be explained.

Although I've already put a feature in this blog already I feel the guilt of not having done a post yesterday even though I'm so new to this and so I'm going to put in a few more photo's from shoots i've done earlier this year.


Love, Always
Luciie Panda

No comments:

Post a Comment