Tuesday 22 May 2012

Feature: Zhang Jingna,Francis Libiran and a wee bit o' sun

        I absolutely cannot get enough of the amazing photographer Zhang Jingna today and the amazing designer Francis Libiran. I suppose I ought to explain how I came across these two perfect examples of inspiration before doing my feature on them. Zhang, I have been following on DeviantArt for about three years now. Her photographs are sensuous and romantic and her use of shape and form, divine! At the age of 24, she is doing so well for herself and I can only hope I have even half the opportunities she's had when I reach that age. I have a feeling she even has her own blogspot but with my internet deciding that it doesn't really want to get a move on today, I shall have to try find it another time :)












I absolutely ADORE the pale complexion within the above photograph in contrast to the amber hair, I could only hope the hair were an even brighter copper as I love all auburn,copper, ginger hair shades. They are gorgeous to capture!
You may have noticed that during my features I don't really go into extreme depths of analysis and so forth, perhaps only commenting briefly on one or two of the images. This isn't because I have nothing to say about them but because I don't think that's what you want to read and so, I'm letting the images speak for themselves. If you DO want to hear my opinions about different photographic methods/photographs etc then just leave me a comment and I'll comply in the next blog I write after that comment :)

Moving on to Francis Libiran, I'm not exactly sure what bought me to him, all I know is that I'm so glad it did. I was in awe at his Hello Kitty couture garments featured on Americas Next Top Model this current season. I definitely wouldn't deem them street worthy. I'd probably last about twenty minutes before on the floor, desperately trying to lift myself up from the weight..Okay, perhaps that's a slight over-statement but I have to say they don't look the most street-safe. ( All of the below images were taken by Ann He and AMAZING photographer I will get round to showcasing at some point!!)






I have the huge urge to comment on the models' poses but I'll refrain because it isn't the models I am showcasing here. Moving on from those are his new collection of gowns that, wow. The textures and flow are flawless. The photograph containing the blue dress in particular I just have to stop and stare for a while every time I look at it. I assume there was a big fan involved when taking these as they are studio shots which makes me wish I could afford to buy a fan to start experimenting with it as the wind is so unreliable that, knowing my luck, the one day I actually WANT it to be windy here, all around will be at a complete calm.
*-Sorry About the Small images of Francis Libirans dresses-*

Once again, I'm going to leave the photographs and garments to speak for themselves whilst I move on to my day four image.
DAY 4
Summer time means barbecues on the beach for me, or rather THIS summer time means that. I've never really participated in events like that before - for one thing because I'm one of the strange breed of person that doesn't like to be in the sun. Before you all laugh though, I just don't like to have a tan and don't WANT to get skin cancer. I've lived in Africa & Pakistan and spent most of my childhood summers in Turkey visiting my father, then my father & stepmother and now my father,stepmother & two brothers. It's a cycle I've enjoyed the evolving of and although I hardly visit there now I am proud to have my two brothers there.But, for this year, I really want to get out there. I want to spend my summer armed with my camera, ready to take on the world.

I was going to include some more pictures I'd taken from earlier this year here, but because of how many photographs are already in this blog I've decided to put it off till tomorrow. I'm sure you can forgive me though? :)

Love, Always
Luciie Panda



No comments:

Post a Comment