Saturday 2 June 2012

Facebook, Failings and Fans

      So, I can't write anything too long today as I've got quite a few 'chores' that I'll have to do soon. Procrastination has to stop somewhere I suppose. Last night I very much meant to write a HUGE post with 2 LONG features and photo's from earlier this year etc etc. I was also going to post my photo's from my 365 day project as I was such a silly-billy as to forget to post it in my last blog entry, but instead I FINALLY decided to set up a Facebook photographer page and it took me HOURS longer then I'd imagined it would. On the plus side it means I can now post this link up, so please check out my page and like it if you feel the urge to do so my lovelies ->
 http://www.facebook.com/LuciieBPhotography

As for my 365 day project; When I started this I knew that I wouldn't be able to have EVERY photograph as fashion because of my lack of models etc, but as the days go on I'm still not even denting the fashion genre and it's starting to annoy me because i know I have SO MANY photoshoots I'd love to do just a lack of models to participate. What makes it worse is that, some of my most inspirational photographers of this generation also have 365 day projects and their work blows me away. It's whimsical and effortless and full of romance and childhood fantasy and in comparison, I feel let down by my own. In fairness, many of their photographs include themselves whereas I FAR PREFER to be behind the camera as I'm quite camera shy which can be a problem on days where I can't get models but I'm really going to try and put together ALOT of shoots coming up full of my own life, my love and produce something I can be proud of. the 365 day project is meant to show a little bit of myself each and every day but my mind has been elsewhere these past couple of weeks and whilst I've taken photographs every day for the project, to say they were summing up my day wouldn't be the truth for the most part.

Tonight I'm going out for a friends birthday (Natasha) and I'm hoping to borrow my mothers small digital camera so that I can take some photographs and use one as my daily picture. I love this friend so much even though I've only known her since last November time. She's modelled ALOT for me and is in fact the background picture of this blog. Her heart is filled with kindness and love and all the help she's given me when I've needed it most for my college work, I can't thank her enough for it. I will be asking her to do ALOT more shoots over summer hopefully before she leaves to university where I will have to rely on Skype and email to keep our friendship going.

I've only recently started to really think about picking up my fan-base and so created this blog and then my Facebook page and posting more on Deviantart etc. It's not because I'm hungry for approval or anything though, It's because I know that, by getting my work out there for people to see I'm far more likely to get Models and job offers and other people in the business will see my work and along the way if I get to make some people smile at my work, it is most definitely a bonus :) Every time I get a lovely message or comment about my work it really lifts my spirits and pushes me on. I know I'm nowhere near my full potential yet and when someone tells me they love my work I can't describe the feeling of warmth I feel.

I'm quite angry at myself though today because I deleted my edited version of may 31st's and June 01's 365 day photographs somehow whilst trying to do something on my laptop and so, instead of posting them on this journal you will have to wait till tomorrow when I have time to edit them over again :)

Today I can't seem to stop humming. I feel at ease and i'm looking forward to tonight, to be there for Natasha's birthday celebration. I've got a million and one things to do but I'm happy and my cat keeps on trying to curl up onto my lap as she senses my peacefullness. I like LOTS of music but today I can't get a single song out of my head and that is this :-



As this plays I see photographs in my mind, a whole photoshoot spins around in my mind to their melodies and One day I hope to pull it together.

Sorry for no features or photo's today, all will come tomorrow ^-^

Love,Always
Luciie Panda

No comments:

Post a Comment