Monday 4 June 2012

Kimberly Akrigg, plans and plots

         Okay, so writing a blog daily is A LOT harder then I'd originally expected. The amount of time I actually spend with my laptop within area of use now that it's summer is, well, not an awful lot. Even now, although on a laptop, it is not my own or even in my own house. I think it'd be best to set myself a day a way to upload all my 365 day project photo's from the week so I can plan to be at home editing and uploading that day. Not to say that i'll only do a single blog entry a week cause that won't be the case. I still plan on bombarding you with features and shoot ideas and everything else I originally stated would be in these posts.
Today has been an easy day, I've not ventured out into the sun at all as I've been busy with the plans of summer photo-shoots dancing through my mind, make-up and clothing etc worrying me to no end.
Because I'm still very new to fashion shoots etc I tend to use all my own make-up and buy in clothing and accessories from eBay ( a blessing on such a tight budget) yet, at the moment, I can barely afford a single item of clothing and now I'm actually free to do shoots every week and I can't afford to. Ah, the life of a student photographer. I'm planning a huge clear out of my room with eBay coming in handy to sell items from old photo-shoots, un-used items bought for shoots etc. so that I can afford to actually create new shoots. I will put a link to my ebay up once i've actually put items on it :)

Today I'm really excited to do a feature as it's been a while since i've done one and I really think there are so many things out there that need to be shared. Todays' feature is on Kimberly Akrigg. I came across this talented photographer through DeviantArt, i'm not even sure how long ago yet today, as I browsed through deviantArt I knew it was her I wanted to share with you today.
Firstly a few links for you lovelies to find her yourself:-
DeviantArt
Blog
Website
I'm a complete sucker for red hair and everyone knows it. I love the contrast between the hair and her pale skin, the sequined sleeve and netted hair making the model seem like a mermaid, come to life
The use of colour here really creates a striking photograph
I love the contrast between the seemingly almost punk-ish girl due to the 'loud' hair colour in juxtaposition to the soft feminine floral dress and very feminine colouring of the overall composition.





Simple and beautiful!




Amazingly dramatic take on what would otherwise have been a simple portrait. the lighting and shadows create a mood to the piece too.



Once again, mesmerised by the lovely copper hair and the flames that blend in so effortlessly with the look of destruction on her face but a beautiful summer background.

Love, Always
Luciie Panda

No comments:

Post a Comment