Friday 1 June 2012

Shopping, shows and shaping up

       Technically it's after midnight but as I'm not yet sleeping this is really my blog entry for 31st may. I have a guilty admittion to make. The past few days I've gone on an online shopping rampage with money I really don't have to spend and yet.. it's spent. The silly thing is, is that starting yesterday I've decided to get onto a healthy lifestyle, hoping to slim down a little. In February I did the same and really surprised myself with how well I was doing and then events occurred and I lost my will power but now it is back and I can't wait to get back on track. I blame ASOS for having such gorgeous clothes. I admit I'm not really one that tends to go along with high street fashion. Some would probably argue I have no style at all. I tend to wear just what I feel comfortable in and I find it FAR more fascinating being behind a camera, shooting fashion then trying to be a fashionista myself. I know that probably sounds strange for someone that wants to go into the fashion industry but it doesn't mean that my passion is any less. I still have opinions and eyes, I just like my own style; as non-stylish or strange as it may be. One item of clothing I did come across whilst I was browsing through ASOS that really caught my eye - but not in the best of ways- was this though.


Okay, I can understand this piece of clothing form a photo-shoot perspective. I admit, when I first saw it I instantly thought of different photo-shoots I could create around, and inspired by it.I have some silver body paint in my bedroom right now waiting for an opportunity to appear in my shoots. My argument though, is this. Would YOU wear this on the high-street...or even on a night out? I mean I for one, would NEVER have the body to pull this off but I also think you'd need ALOT of confidence to wear it too as it's body hugging shape and style will not be flattering to most and being silver it attracts a lot of attention. I jsut can't imagine that people actually wear this. Maybe played down a little with a lovely navy blazer but definately not on its' own unless you're very daring. What are your thoughts? would you have the confidence?

One thing I've become a huge fan of this summer is hi-lo dresses, I've yet to find one that I'd like to buy though- Actually that's a lie. I found one before that was beautiful; black with lace and studs (unfortunately gold which I'm not a huge fan of) but that is far too expensive for me AND out of stock :( found HERE

. I don't have the most feminine of styles out there and admit that I often walk into high-street fashion stores and walk out having only found a single item in the shop that I half glanced at. My body shape and lack of confidence do, of course, also have a play in my clothing style when shopping. I can't say that there aren't items of clothing I see and instantly say ' oh, if I had the body for that....'. Perhaps one day :P

Moving on from that though, I've also indulged myself in a little nostalgia by watching some old children movies today. One I find particularly comment-worthy is 'Sharkboy and Lavegirl'. 
Now BEFORE watching this. Imagine Jacob from the twilight movies, intense expression on his face as he rips off his shirt and goes running out into the rain, muscles on full display ---- NOW watch the clip below from 35seconds in  :)



Giggle.Giggle.

Moving on.... Here are some more photographs I've taken from earlier this year:-  These are some of my favourite shots taken this year. I loved playing with make-up and colour. Excuse the small white border lines around a couple of the images, I had to save them through paint because of software issues and cropped them quickly before printing and so haven't cropped the actual files yet.













Love, Always
Luciie Panda

No comments:

Post a Comment