Tuesday 19 February 2013

Alexander McQueen Pre-fall 2013

I may be a bit late off the mark here but I've been meaning to post this since February 12th and it's enough procrastination from me.

I'm not sure sexy and vampiric were meant as the words to instantly come to mind at this piece but it is absolutely GORGEOUS. the contrast of colours is striking and the flounced hem perfectly shows off the splash of crimson.
I'm not even going to begin to explain how much I love this piece .. and those SLEEVES!
Stepped right out of a painting, if I do say so myself :)
This is gorgeous, taking on elements( the bust-line and 'netted' effect for instance) in particular of recent high street fashion and yet turning it into something so much more. 

It is, of course, no huge secret that I'm a huge fan of monochromatic clothing and with a splash of sexy deep crimson- even better!
I'm not going to say too much about this collection except that Sarah Burton certainly went to new levels to upkeep the McQueen signature style.
The collection is a mix of Gothic-chic and religion-ism ( is that the word?) that seems archaic and innocent yet beautiful. The lines are long and lean much like priestly clothing and yet somehow Burton has managed to make such beautiful, elegant pieces out of such innocent religious inspiration.

Love Always,
Luciie Panda
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment