Wednesday 6 February 2013

DIsney Princess and Mulan inspired fashion and photography

Yesterday R and I watched Mulan, one of my all time favourite Disney films, and it filled my head with inspiration for photo-shoots and art work. There's something about the movie that is the perfect mix of Disney music, emotion and girl-meets warrior and I find the whole movie beautiful- especially considering it was made when I was a mere 4 years old.

I was always a bit of a wimp growing up, in fact, I still am :P I have kaboodles of Disney video's but somehow I always seem to go back to the same ones if I'm in the mood for childhood reminiscence - Mulan, Pocahontas, The little mermaid - Nothing with anything that has what I consider TOO much unhappiness; such as the creepy green pathway through the fireplace scene in sleeping beauty, or the creepy old woman/witch part in snow white and the seven dwarves or even Bambi- no explanation needed :( etc.

Some of my ideas include huge,elaborate photo-shoots based on not only Mulan and all the different styles and persona's to her character but of other Disney princesses too, but then a whole other photo-shoot based on the male Disney characters I grew to love growing up and , in some case, counterparts to the beautiful girls too, such as ; Peter Pan, Robin hood, Mowgli from The Jungle Book, the beast from Beauty and the Beast would be a completely interesting one to do, Aladdin, Hercules Tarzan.. oh the list goes on.

I know MANY of you will have heard/seen the following MONTHS ago when it first came to light but for those who didn't- These dresses below were created for Harrods 2012 Christmas windows. some of the biggest names out there helped in the creation of the window including the likes of Versace, Valentino, Oscar de la Renta and Elie Saab. The photographs were taken by the talented Jason Ell :)
To look at the article in Harrods Magazine itself click HERE





A beautiful modern interpretation of a classic 

What a gorgeous deep-blue silk dress!



This is breath taking- the whole beautiful image AS WELL AS the gorgeous pale pink dress



Accompanying these BEAUTIFUL photographs are the amazing designs for the dresses themselves and even a few pictures of the display windows themselves as well as this exclusive video that is a must-watch HERE




























Over the next few weeks I will take a look into different Disney characters and inspired art, photography and  fashion as well as concepts and ideas for photo-shoots and art work. I'll try do a character every couple of days for the next months; and perhaps even a few NON Disney characters such as one of my COMPLETE AND UTTER favourites- Anastasia!!

Coming up later today hopefully will be my Mulan post as I think this is enough beauty for one post :)

Who is your favourite? Did you happen to see the window display in December?
What are your favourite Disney characters and why? Let me know- I'd love to hear :)

Love Always,
Luciie Panda
xXx


No comments:

Post a Comment