Monday 11 February 2013

BAFTA's 2013 best dressed :)

And the time for BAFTA's arrived - our beautiful home-grown Oscars :P 
I've never been one to watch award shows before- Actually, I've never even known when they've been on before but this year I had the sudden urge to start watching the awards and seeing all the stars in their beautiful ensembles on the red carpet and last night, I wasn't let down in the slightest.

These are COMPLETELY my own opinions and I can almost guarantee that people won't agree but please don't be nasty if you do disagree.

One of the most controversial choices on the red carpet seemed, not to be clothing choice at all, but the hair of Dame Helen Mirren


This may be my opinion alone but I think it looks absolutely lovely - Perhaps a bit shocking but Helen certainly has the face to pull this daring choice off. I think the subtle pink tone is elegant and a brighter tone won't have had quite the same elegance.

Moving on to the clothing choices of the stars:-

bafta best dressed red carpet

Thandie Newton looks absolutely stunning in this Louis Vuitton black lace dress paired with a Louis Vuitton purse and (I'm guessing) heels. The crimson lipstick breaks up all the black beautifully and adds a sexy undercurrent to her ensemble. Black lace is one of my all time favourites, as has become quite obvious within previous posts, and once again it doesn't disappoint :)

bafta red carpet style

Marion Cotillard looks gorgeous in this s/s13 Dior dress although I am not a fan at all of the neon yellow colouring. The colour looks slightly lemon curd-like and that's never exactly aesthetically pleasing. I've never been much for yellow and on a gown quite like this it seems rather an eye-sore. Perhaps a lovely shade of crimson or a deep teal- perhaps even a rich pink. Once again, I feel I can say that these are  my opinions alone and don't berate me for them :P I'm not exactly how the world will take the dress either with it's 'confusing' design. After looking at hundreds of photographs of fabric manipulation I quite like the design although it's not the best execution of such a design.


best red carpet bafta sty …

Amy Adams - Once again choosing the elegance of black lace in a beautiful cut-out Elie Saab design. The bun up-do is a beautiful accompaniment indeed. Perhaps the neckline is slightly too high for the petite frame of Amy Adams and her accompanying petite bust.

best red carpet style fashion …

Juno Temple is definitely one of the most beautiful dressed of the night, choosing to wear white, unlike many of the other stars of the evening. The gown in question is a Stella McCartney design paired with a vintage clutch and red nail-polish. I only wish she'd chosen a crimson lipstick to match her nails as that would have been an absolutely gorgeous ensemble. Also the dress seems to be slightly too long and the accessories are a bit lacking - Where's the bracelets? a couple of bangles even? I'm not a huge fan of the clutch either but then again I'm not a fan of any bag that isn't big enough to at least fit a pair of shoes inside so I may be slightly biased :P

best dressed bafta red carpet

Jessica Chastain wearing this blue Roland Mouret was by far the best dressed in my opinion. The royal blue colouring is absolutely gorgeous and the asymmetric design compliments miss Chastains' figure so well although the hem looks slightly odd to me - rather unfinished :/ 


Thee were, of course, many others out there looking brilliant- Including some very fine men, pulling out all the  stops :)

Love Always,
Luciie Panda
xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment